So a huge huge shoutout to Lauren Henderson over at Great Minds Read Alike for nominating me for the Liebster award! I seriously love her blog and look to it for reviews on books I’ve already read, and for inspiration on what to read next!
So you may be asking yourself “What is the Liebster.” It is basically a way to spread love to your fellow bloggers, specifically newer bloggers with less than 200 followers. Upon accepting the award, you’re supposed to list 11 little-known facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions posed by the person who nominated you and then spread the love yourself by nominating other bloggers and asking 11 questions to them! And so, here we go!
11 Facts About Myself
1. I’ve lived in a total of 7 different states.
2. I studied abroad the summer after my sophomore year of college in France. It was two of the best months of my life. It has also led to my slight obsession with all things French.
3. If I love a book, I have no problem rereading it once, twice, three times or more. There are some books that I probably read growing up at least ten different times.
4. My five favorite foods are: pizza, sandwiches, pie, cheese and tacos. You can laugh, but I love all sandwiches and all cheeses AND all pie so I’ve ruled that I can list them as just one food.
5. Brunch is my favorite meal of the day. It’s the best of both worlds. You have breakfast. You have lunch. There are usually mimosas involved. It’s just plain amazing.
6. I really enjoy cooking but since I’m usually cooking for one, I get pretty lazy with it. I make a lot of omelets for dinner. A lot.
7. Yes, I’m still upset I didn’t get an acceptance letter to Hogwarts.
8. I attribute pretty much all of my academic achievements to the fact that I was a reader growing up. I think it’s that important. One time, I won a speech competition in the 4th grade with my speech “The Importance of Reading.” Looking back on it now though, it was probably pretty boring to listen to.
9. One time, there was a competition at the local library when I was in grade school. Each book you read, you got to enter for another chance to win a 50 dollar savings bond. I won by a landslide because I stuffed the box with entries due to the immense number of books that I read.
10. I have three favorite movies. They are (in no particular order): Clerks, Moulin Rouge, and Garden State.
11. My favorite flowers are daffodils. They signify spring and make me instantly happy 🙂
And now, to answer the questions asked by Lauren!
- Why did you decide to start a blog? While some of my friends enjoy reading, no one really reads as much as I do. I wanted a place to share my thoughts on all of the books I read! Plus, I wanted to try my hand at creating a blog as a form of social media I wasn’t as familiar with.
- What blog post are you most proud of? I really loved one of my very first blog posts I wrote, the topic of which was e-readers. You can check it out here. I’d say one of my other favorite posts would be on The Silver Linings Playbook.
- What is your favorite thing about your blog? I love that it’s honest no matter what. When I like a book, I’ll tell you but when I hate it, I’ll let you know too.
- Outside of blogging, what inspires you? I have so many inspirations and most of them are my friends and family and my wonderful boyfriend. I’m surrounded by some pretty amazing people and they all inspire me to be my best self. In addition, I’m inspired by New York City. As lame as it may sound, everyone here is trying to survive in this crazy place and if you’re an optimistic person, it’s pretty inspiring.
- Do you prefer series or stand alone books? Oh man, this is a good one! So good, I can’t really answer it. Every time I try and say “stand alone is the answer” a great series pops into my head. Here’s what I think, if you read a good series, then that’s really awesome. If you read a bad series, then there’s nothing worse because not only did you waste time on one book, you feel compelled to find out what happened but then it’s just an even bigger waste of time.
- What upcoming release books are you most excited to read? I actually don’t have anything that I’m counting down to at the moment. Someone leave a book in the comments that I can be excited about!
- Other than reading, what is your favorite thing to do? Spending time with all the people I love. And eating. Man do I love eating.
- Do you have a favorite quote? I have a bunch, but one of my all-time favorites is Even after all these years, the sun never says to the earth “You owe me.” Look what happens with a love like that. It lights the whole sky.” – Hafez
- What would your dream library look like? The one from Beauty and the Beast
- What is your favorite childhood book? I could probably list a bunch, but the first one that came to mind was Ella Enchanted. I loved this book so much. The book actually fell apart after so many readings.
- What is your favorite way to celebrate your birthday? With all the people I love and cake. Lots of cake 🙂
And now for the blogs that I would like to nominate. I might be bending the rules with one or two since they may have more than the allotted number of followers or they might not be “new” persay, but it’s all about spreading some love, amiright?
Plus, if I could nominate her again, I would nominate Great Minds Read Alike!
And the questions I ask to them!
- Quick! Favorite book of all time, ever!
- What are your general thoughts about books made into movies?
- What’s your favorite food (if you can’t pick, I myself named 5 foods that I consider my favorites)?
- Do you have a favorite genre of books that you instantly look to?
- Cats or dogs (no judgement here since I love both)?
- Do you do any other writing in your life outside of your blog?
- Who’s your favorite superhero?
- What’s your biggest guilty pleasure?
- Coffee, tea or neither?
- E-books or physical books?
- What’s your favorite part of your blogging experience?